Margaret River Hockey Club has been working hard over the past 7 years. We are investing in our club facilities, coaches and time to understand how we can grow our club and support our hockey community. Our moto is “Proud Past – Bright Future”. We have had success in SW Premierships and State, National and Olympic Competitions!
The club has now cemented its presence within the local community, fielding five junior teams with members from 8 different schools across the region.
T R A I N I N G
Training ( Tuesday) Evenings – Starting 9th March
4.00 pm onwards – April – September
Gloucester Park, Margaret River
On grass for this season / New “Training Turf “is being built this year!
G A M E S
All games are played at the Busselton Hockey Stadium.
(School Year) 3 – 5’s / 6 – 8 ‘s / 9 – 12’s
We have Senior Men’s and Senior Women’s teams
and a Masters (over 35’s) team
We also run a 6 week Goldstix program (a Hockey WA program) for Pre-Primary – Year 2’s
- We support our coaches and managers by offering Hockey WA training clinics
- We provide opportunities for club members to attend specific camps, courses and events to further their education around mental health.
- We volunteer at local community events, including the Margaret River Ultra Marathon (manning checkpoints – not running the 70km’s!) and the Margaret River Lions Shed (supporting our community and encouraging our junior players to volunteer).
- We fundraise for our club as well as fundraise for local community projects such as Zero2Hero (a youth leadership camp) and Good Blokes Co: A leadership retreat for men.
- We are always happy for new players, coaches, parents and supporters to come and be part of our hockey family.
We’ll keep you up to date with club events and team news, we are also on Facebook and Instagram, look for Margaret River Hockey
If you have any questions about joining our club, give any of the committee members a call, we are here to help.
Our first club social of the season was Sunday 14th March. All members, playing and social were invited to come along. It’s a great way to catch up with players, past and present and to register for the new season. If you missed it have a look at the Club News (under News and Events) page for the full story about the day and our “Scarred for Life” match.
We look forward to seeing you soon!